Friday, February 15, 2008

Makansutra Raw - Jane's Cake Station

Makansutra Raw sometimes features the weirdest food but there was one episode that caught my attention - yep, you guessed right, the desserts episode! Apart from Jane's Cake Station, the rest were not very memorable (tau sar piah, anyone?). Of course, that's just my biased opinion since I absolutely love cakes (especially durian cakes) and hence nothing else caught my attention. =)
According to the show and many online forums, both their durian cake and the chocolate fudge cake are "to-die-for". Have yet to try this but it's definitely marked down on my list! Another thing to note: they sell their cakes by the whole, not by slices. I also read on the forums that it is advisable to pre-order your cake one day before collection.


Location: 265 Jln Kayu

Opening hours (very important!): Mon-Sat 12pm-6.30pm, Sun & Public Holidays 12pm-4pm. Closed on Wednesday.

Tel: 64811322

Price range: $36 for 1 kg durian cake, $28 for 1 kg chocolate fudge cake
Pictures taken from Makansutra website and Eat Like Us' Weblog. Many thanks!

No comments: